Wednesday 21 August 2013

As a part of my bible study program at Prima where I have been covering the main Biblical Doctrines, I am up to teaching the Doctrine of the Holy Spirit (Pneumatology).  Whenever I teach, I aim to ensure that what I teach is true to scripture.  The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit is one such area where there is plenty of debate.

The debate focuses on such things as baptism in the Holy Spirit, manifestation of the gifts (especially emphasis on any one of the gifts such as Speaking in Tongues, Prophecy and Apostleship).

I see a need for the Church to better understand the gifts of the Holy Spirit as it is vitally important for the building up of the Church.  Simply put - many churches are disfunctioning because of a lack of gifts.  So my original quest was to run a series on the Gifts of the Holy Spirit and as such I set out to outline each of the gifts as a guide for church leaders, hopefully taking up only about 5-10 pages.

The result was over 200 A5 pages!  If you want to read the sneaked copy, I have made it available on Google Drive.  Click on the ARTICLES tab and open the ARTICLES folder then the LEAKED DOCUMENTS folder.  I have put up the first two parts of the pre-publication book. If that is too hard to follow Click Here.

I would appreciate if you could read it and comment here, especially regarding any inaccuracies that you see, especially in regard to Holy Spirit Doctrine. I would also like your opinion in how the Holy Spirit is understood by your Church.  Feel free to disagree with me if you like.  I enjoy a debate but also freely admit mistakes if I make them.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Personal attacks are not permitted. If you would not say your comment directly to the person, do not write it! The Word of God (Bible) can be used for exhortation, reproving, and rebuking (unsound doctrine) (2 Tim 4:2) so when challenging a viewpoint be sure to support your reproof or rebuke with scripture.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.