Sunday 14 December 2014



This is the final post in the series entitled "SDA Open Letter."  It was written in response to the recent "Last Empire" Crusade that confused a lot of Christians and non-Christians and had them believe (falsely) that Sunday Worshippers get the Mark of the Beast.  Sadly, as we get nearer the end of Days, we can expect more and more evidence of false prophets and in this case, false teachers, of which Vanuatu is having an explosion of right now.

This is what I wrote as a final word to the SDA Leaders


Finally this I know.  Jesus died on the cross for my sins, once and for all.  He was buried and he rose again and he is currently seated at the right hand of God interceding for me.  It is likely that you will not choose to admit that the SDA church has serious doctrinal errors that have no basis in scripture, even though your top leaders admit to it, simply because you have been told not to trust other Christians.  I sincerely hope that eventually you do come to that realisation, and if you wish to discuss further with me on any of the questions I have asked then I would only be too willing to listen to what you have to say.  [ED: SADLY THEY NEVER RESPONDED, EVEN TO DISPUTE MY LETTER] 

 I have made this an open letter and as such I encourage you to respond by publishing your own letter in response.  I have many more questions and plenty more evidence.  What I have mentioned here is a tiny part of the big picture. 

I have spoken to many SDAs and they are surprised when I tell them that they can worship on the Sabbath if they like.  They are surprised when I tell them that I sincerely believe that some SDAs will receive Eternal Life because of the simple fact that they honour and accept Jesus as their personal saviour, just like other Christians.  I do not judge a person by what day they worship on.  I do not accuse SDA members of worshipping on the Day of Saturn (Saturday) and I do not think for a moment that they worship Saturn because of this (which incidentally was Constantine’s mothers personal god and who greatly influenced Constantine).  Like you, I am not strict about Sabbath Laws.  For example, I do not accuse you of violating the Sabbath by driving to church on that day (work), or playing instruments (work).  The reason why not is because it is irrelevant. Since the Sabbath commandment along with the rest of the Law has been rendered inoperative. 

So it concerns me that even though I do not criticise you for worshipping on the Sabbath, yet you see fit to accuse Sunday keepers of worshipping on the first day of the week.  Surely that violates this passage in Colossians:
Col 2:16-17 (NET)
(16)  Therefore do not let anyone judge you with respect to food or drink, or in the matter of a feast, new moon, or Sabbath days –  (17)  these are only the shadow of the things to come, but the reality is Christ! 
The Sabbath is a shadow.  You cannot grasp a shadow.  It is something that you see but it doesn’t actually have any substance.  The trouble is that some people spend more time chasing and paying attention to the shadow and miss seeing and holding the thing that made the shadow.  It is not the reality.  The reality is Christ.

It is my strong desire to see that you reach a point where you come to know Jesus as your personal saviour.  That Jesus saved you by his grace, through faith and not by works.

I have many more questions and have much more to show you, but space does not allow it.  So I encourage you to check out my website – sowvanuatu.blogspot.com. [ED: You may be reading this from my blog now!  Some of you get my posts via email so you have already received these.  But there is more on my blog in other posts worth checking.]

In finishing, I want to look back at the recent Last Empire crusade. I have spoken to a number of people who attended and a lot come back with this statement. “We went and heard preached that they [the SDA preachers] were going to reveal the truth and give us new hope.  But at the end of the time, they still could not tell us what the truth or the hope was.”

I can answer that in one verse.  It does not take me two weeks to do so.  It is this, and it is said by my Master Jesus.
I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the life. NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER BUT THROUGH ME. (Jn 14:6)
As for the hope that Christians have.  Again it does not take two weeks to show you this
And again Isaiah says, “The root of Jesse [That’s Jesus] will come, and the one who rises to rule over the Gentiles, in him will the Gentiles hope.”  (Rom 15:12)
I will leave Paul’s next verse after the one above as a blessing for you. 
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you believe in him, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  (Rom 15:13)
Finally, the Annual Jewish Feast of Trumpets almost upon us, known to the Jews as Rosh HaShanah, or the Day of Judgement, I leave you with this common customary saying.
L’Shanah tovah tikatevoo
I eagerly anticipate your response.
Regards and God Bless

Daniel Dempsey
Streams of Water Ministries

SDG 

The letter ends....but the work of contending for the faith continues!

For the rest of the series, click the links below, or use the search bar on the right of the blog by typing in "SDA Open Letter"  Be sure to include the quotes

SDA Open Letter Questions
  1. Introduction
  2. Did the Catholics force Sunday worship? Part I
  3. Did the Catholics force Sunday worship? Part II
  4. Why is the New Testament silent regarding the Sabbath requirement?
  5. Given great opportunities, why are jesus and the Apostles silent regarding the Sabbath Requirement?
  6. Did the first humans through to the patriarchs (Adam, Seth, Noah, Abraham, etc) observe the Sabbath?
  7. Did God instigate the Sabbath in Genesis 2:2-3? 
  8. Has the Sabbath always been in existence?
  9. Does the  Sabbath law apply to Gentiles? 
  10. What happened in Western Samoa and Tuvalu.  Are SDAs there going to receive the Mark of the Beast? 
  11. Do SDAs have a problem with Pentecost? 
  12. Is there a difference between Moral and Ceremonial Law? 
  13. Are SDAs guilty of Judaising?
  14. Is Ellen G White a True or a False Prophet?  Part I
  15. Is Ellen G White a True or a False Prophet?  Part II
 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Personal attacks are not permitted. If you would not say your comment directly to the person, do not write it! The Word of God (Bible) can be used for exhortation, reproving, and rebuking (unsound doctrine) (2 Tim 4:2) so when challenging a viewpoint be sure to support your reproof or rebuke with scripture.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.